1/4 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 t unflavored gelatin
1/4 t salt
2 egg yolks – beaten
1 & 1/4 cup milk
1/2 t vanilla
2 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup whipped cream – whipped
Combine sugar, gelatin and salt in sauce pan.
Add egg yolks and milk.
Cook over med heat for 5 minute, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Chill until partially set.
Beat egg whites until soft peaks are form, gradually add 1/2 cup sugar.
Fold into gelatin mixture.
Turn into mold or dessert cups and chill 3 hrs.
Or serve in individual parfait glasses
10 minute key lime cracker pie
Ingredients – yield: serves 8 to 10, active time 10 minutes, total
time 2 hours 10 minutes
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lime juice plus 1 tablespoon zest from 8 limes
- 10 ounces (about 2 1/2 sleeves) Ritz crackers
– Combine milk and heavy cream in a large bowl
– Add lime juice and whisk until thickened, about 1 minute.
– Spread 1 cup filling on bottom of deep-dish pie plate or 11-inch oval casserole.
– Top with single layer of Ritz crackers
– Repeat, alternating layers of filling and crackers until pie plate is full, finishing with a layer of filling. Sprinkle with grated lime zest for garnish –
– Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Serve. I like to make the lime mixture and keep in a mason jar in the fridge to spoon into Greek yoghurt, or enjoy in custard cups:)